USDF Region 9 Teaching Excellence Award
The vast majority of prizes and awards are won at horse shows by top competitors. Occasionally a trainer/instructor can apply for and receive a scholarship or grant for continuing education purposes. It is time to recognize those who teach well.
Those individuals who are selected for the $5,000 Teaching Excellence Award will have many, if not all, of the following attributes:
- A USDF Region 9 member in good standing-permanent residence in Region 9. (Required)
- A teacher of dressage, whether it is basics-Training through 1st-2nd level; or mid-range 2nd -4th levels; or FEI.
- Adherence to sound dressage principles, such as outlined by the USDF Training Pyramid.
- The ability to communicate these principles of training so that students develop themselves and horses in a logical, progressive and humane way up through the levels.
- A reputation for honesty, integrity and community/regional service.
- A USDF Certified Instructor, encouraged, though not required.
A dressage instructor may be nominated by students or peers, by letter emailed or mailed to Jenny Johnson, TDF's Executive Director at:
The Dressage Foundation
1314 'O' Street, Suite 305
Lincoln, NE 68508
The nomination period is from October 1st to June 1st of each year. Current year nominations will not be accepted after June 1st. Once received, the nominee will be notified, and may submit a completed application by the deadline date of August 1st. The complete application packet must be received by TDF's office on August 1st. A person is not eligible to win the award two consecutive years in a row, and so may not be nominated the year following their receipt of the award.
The goal for this Fund is to develop initial, one-time financial donations, as well as annual donations from individuals. On-going annual contributions may continue until the fund is fully endowed (approximately $100,000+). This award will total $5,000/year. The Dressage Foundation is enthusiastically supportive of this award and willing to manage the endowment, and help it grow.
Recipients of the Region 9 Teaching Excellence Award
Grants and Programs
Thanks to generous donors, grants are available for instructors, youth riders, adult amateurs, breeders, judges, dressage groups and so much more!
Take a look.