Michael Poulin Dressage Fund
The purpose of The Michael Poulin Dressage Fund is to provide financial support for the advancement of dressage in the United States through any and all of its component disciplines – riding, competing, training, instructing, and judging. Applications should include bold, creative, innovative ideas for improving and strengthening dressage. Collaborative efforts are encouraged, where one or more equestrian organizations might pool their financial resources with a grant from the Michael Poulin Dressage Fund to accomplish new, big, important results in dressage.
- Applications are accepted from equestrian organizations, dressage clubs, owners of private facilities, etc. who are hosting educational events.
- Applications must be received by The Dressage Foundation at least 90 days before the planned event.
- Grants should only be used to support the educational part of the program and should not be used to purchase food, goodie bags, vests/t-shirts, etc.
- Grants may not be used for the organizer to make a profit and will only be provided to the break-even point for selected events. Excess income should be returned to The Dressage Foundation, to be put back into the Fund.
- The amount of the grants can vary depending on the need and request of the applicants.
- Organizers/groups can receive a grant only one time per calendar year.
- If the grant recipient is unable to hold the program specified in the application, The Dressage Foundation must be notified as soon as possible. Approval for a change in the use of funds is at the discretion of The Dressage Foundation and the grant selection committee.
- An independent Selection Committee will review the applications and make selections based on published criteria and guidelines. The committee reserves the right to not award a grant in any given year if they determine that no application has met the criteria. The applications and discussions of the selection committee are confidential, and their decisions are final.
- For educational events that are selected to receive a grant, 75% of the grant will be sent one month prior to the event, with the final 25% sent after an evaluation form and final budget is received by TDF.
- Not all events that apply for funding are guaranteed to receive a grant.
The application link is found in the right-hand sidebar (desktop computers) or by scrolling down (mobile).
About the Michael Poulin Fund:
Friends, students and supporters of Michael Poulin established the fund at TDF in 2003. In addition to serving on TDF's Board of Directors, Michael has also been a long-time member of the Board of Directors and Dressage Committee of the USEF. He was instrumental in the founding of the USDF Instructor Certification Program. Through TDF, Michael also originated the "Advanced Young Rider Olympic Dream Program," now known as the International Dream Program. Michael is a founder of the North American Dressage Trainers Association and is also a member of the International Dressage Trainers Club and the Classical Dressage Riders Association. He travels nationally and internationally as dressage judge and coach.