Veronica Holt Dressage Technical Delegate Fund
The Veronica Holt Dressage Technical Delegate Fund provides funding to help recipients with the cost associated with becoming a licensed Technical Delegate.
Amount of Grant: $1,000
Application Deadline: March 1 or June 1 (if the grant was not awarded in March)
The Veronica Holt Dressage Technical Delegate Fund was established in memory of Veronica in 2015. One grant is awarded annually to an individual who has been accepted into the 'r' (Recorded) Program by USEF or has been approved by the USEF Licensed Official Committee to gain promotion from 'r' to 'R' (Registered). The grant is to be used for costs associated with completing apprenticeship requirements at competitions or attending required TD clinics, such as the USDF Convention.
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Has been accepted into the ‘r’ (Recorded) Program by USEF or has been approved by the USEF Licensed Official Committee to gain promotion from ‘r’ to ‘R’ (Registered).
- Have a detailed and attainable training plan for using the grant funding.
Additional Grant Information:
- Training or events funded by this grant can start no sooner than two months after the application deadline date.
- Funding cannot be used for competition entries, vet and/or farrier expenses, or the purchase of a horse or equipment.
- The recipients of these grants must use the funds within two years of the date of the award.
- Recipients are chosen by an independent selection committee comprised of dressage industry leaders. The applications and discussions of the selection committee are confidential, and their decisions are final.
- The committee reserves the right not to award a grant in any given year if they determine that no candidate has met the criteria.
- If the grant recipient is unable to attend the specified event/training, The Dressage Foundation must be notified as soon as possible. Approval for a change in the use of funds is at the discretion of The Dressage Foundation and the grant selection committee.
- This grant may not be received in consecutive years.
- For all recipients, 75% of grant funds will be paid prior to the recipient’s departure for training; 25% will be paid after the applicant has completed training and has submitted a training and financial report to The Dressage Foundation.
- The recipients of the grants are required to provide a training and financial report of their experience to The Dressage Foundation. The reports may be written, video, photo journal, or other ways pre-approved by The Dressage Foundation. The report is due within two months following the completion of the training.
- Throughout their training, recipients are encouraged to share training/event updates with The Dressage Foundation via email or tag The Dressage Foundation on social media.
Information on the Technical Delegate Programs:
The information starts at the bottom of page 20
The information starts at the bottom of page 22
History of the Veronica Holt Fund:
Veronica Holt was a dedicated Technical Delegate (TD) and FEI Steward and provided training and mentorship for many dressage TDs and apprentice dressage TDs. The Fund was established by Veronica's friends and colleagues, in unison with USDF, as a tribute to her memory and a continuation of her presence within the dressage community.